Contributing an Article
We are always on the lookout for new authors with new perspectives to add to the debate on the blog – especially if you think we’ve missed something!
We aim to address a wide range of evident and emerging security issues and take a broad and integrated approach to the term ‘security’. Generally, we look for insightful pieces which seek to explore, question and suggest solutions for ongoing security situations and the underlying issues which drive them. While we do place an emphasis on our ‘key’ drivers (climate change, marginalisation, competition over resources and militarisation), contributors should not feel limited to these subjects alone.
Please note that, as a nonprofit blog that serves as a resource for interested readers, sustainablesecurity.org does not have the resources to pay contributors.
If you are interested in contributing an article, please get in touch with us using the form to the right.
- 1,400 words max.
- Please fact-check your article, especially if the subject is controversial or emerging . Although we check submissions carefully, authors are ultimately responsible for the factual accuracy of their contributions.
- We do not use footnotes or endnotes. Embedded links for information that is sourced from other websites are a great opportunity to support your argument and opinions, especially for subjects that are not common knowledge. Please be sure to include a hyperlink for specific statistics and quotations.
- Spelling: UK or US English – we don’t mind which, as long as it is used consistently throughout your article.
- Please avoid unnecessary jargon and explain any that is used in a clear and concise manner.
- You are welcome to cross-post your article in other places if we are accredited as the original site of publication.
- We do not reprint pieces published elsewhere (with the exception of Sustainable Security programme staff articles that have been featured in the media).
Would you like to contribute a video?
Our readers would love it if you did! Sustainablesecurity.org deals with an often complex interplay of difficult subjects. We are therefore very interested in presenting analysis of these issues in a range of media for those who wish to interact in different ways with our content.
If you are interested and have the means to produce a video, get in touch with us using the form above with ‘VIDEO’ in the subject line. Thanks!
All content and downloads are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Licence unless stated otherwise.
We look forward to hearing from you!